- Danie is the co-owner (with his wife Esmé) of the Diving World PADI Dive Centre in Benoni and has been scuba diving since 1976.
- Dive safety has always been a passion in his life.
- Danie is a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor and a qualified EFR Instructor.
- Danie has been doing underwater photography since 1977 and is currently concentrating on Underwater Videography.
- He has a Ocean Yacht Skippers ticket as well as a commercial skippers ticket for ski- and dive- boats.
- He is a DMAC/EDTC grade IIa Diving Medicine Physician and registered with the Department of Labour (DOL #293)
He is an Eye Specialist (HPCSA #MP 0182311) doing mainly cataract & refractive surgery :- “Glasses and contact lenses don’t go well with watersports”.
Membership of dive medical societies:
- Committee member of South African Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Association (SAUHMA)
- Committee member of DAN South Africa.
- South Pacific Underwater Medicine Society (SPUMS)
- European Underwater & Baromedical Society (EUBS)
- Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society (UHMS)
A rundown of his other diving related interests:
- Instructor Certificate of the South African Life Saving Society.
- Silver Cross Certificate of the South African Life Saving Society.
- South African Underwater Union (CIMAS) 3rd Class Scuba Diver Certificate 1976.
- Did a BASM course in Sports Medicine in Glasgow Scotland.
- Member of the British Association of Sport and Medicine.
- Member of the Federation Internationale de Medecine Sportive.
- Has Skippers Certificates for Ski Boats and Ocean Yachts.
- Course in Sports Medicine at the University of Bath, England 1993 -1995
- Esmé, co-owner of the Diving World PADI Dive Centre in Benoni has been scuba diving since 1981.
- She is a PADI Open Water Scuba Instructor and a qualified EFR Instructor.
- Esmé has been doing underwater photography since 1995 and later converted to Digital and is a Digital Photography Specialty Instructor.
- She has a Ski- Boat skipper certificate.
- Esme has a BSc (QS) degree as well as an Interior design qualification. She is a Hospital Manager, travel writer and wildlife photographer.